Friday, August 1, 2008

Fluttering By...

This technique uses dye inks, glossy cardstock, my favorite Versamark watermark ink pad, and of course heat embossing with the clear embossing powder.


Recipe:


  1. Start with stamping with dye ink a pattern (this stamp should be something smaller and more detailed) across a 5 x 7 area on glossy card stock.

  2. With the Versamark Watermark Ink applied to a larger solid stamp randomly stamp across the pattern created with the dye ink.

  3. Clear emboss the images stamped in Versamark.

  4. Now you need to apply the same dye ink you put on the small pattern across the complete 5 x 7 glossy card stock. I started with a brayer to cover the whole area. I like my colors dark so I brayered in multiple directions to prevent any streaks of white.

  5. After I brayered it I actually used the ink pad directly all over especially in the details that were embossed.

  6. Now take a dry paper towel and wipe of the ink from the areas that are versamarked. This should remove fairly easily. I buffed it quite a bit to get off as much color as possible.

  7. I cut my pattern into 3 rectangles and mounted them on to purple cardstock and then put them on the lime green cardstock.

  8. I tied bows around each panel.

  9. To finish this off I wanted something that added dimension so I stamped 2 butterflies using StazOn on acetate. I wanted to give them the airy feeling by making them see through.

  10. Add 3 little gems on the outside panels at the top. Just because of the pattern I selected this works well. You can embellish with what works with your project!

Products:

  • StazOn - Royal Purple
  • Acetate, Glossy Cardstock
  • Crystal Stickers - Gemstones (Purple)
  • Hero Arts - H3308 Sandra's Letter Background
  • Rubber Stampede - 3351B Morpho Butterfly
  • A Stamp in the Hand - Q-1802 Tall Poppies
  • Adirondack Brights - Sunshine Yello
  • Memento - Rose Bud
  • Ribbon - Unkown
  • Versamark Watermak Ink Pad
  • Clear Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. WOW! your cards are so pretty!! Thanks for hanging out at Embellish it scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!