Sunday, August 17, 2008

You might have noticed...

You might have noticed a few things missing...

I was very excited to find out a few of my cards are out for publication. Since nothing is final I won't say anything other than I had to pull them from my blog. Now my blog looks a little a 7 year old's smile. Big gaps missing in the front. Don't worry... I will post some other items. :)

I did create something today for the Friday Sketch on Hero Arts Blog Challenge.






The interesting part of this card for me was how well the watercolor markers took on the Dye Ink. I had never tried this and wasn't sure how well the colors would reflect on a sponged background. I think they turned out great. Here is the mini recipe for the oval.

Recipe:
  1. Cut oval from glossy cardstock.
  2. Sponge lime green on the bottom 1/3 of the Oval using a circular motion. Sponge Yellow in the middle and Orange on the top 1/3 of the Oval.
  3. Color on the rubber stamp. I start with the lightest colors and add shadows with darker colors around the areas I think should be shaded.
  4. Huff on the stamp. (I wanted a clean image so I didn't spritz)
  5. Stamp on the oval.

Products:

  • Hero Arts Thinking of You Stamp
  • Adirondack Dye Ink Pad - Brights - Citrus, Sunshine Yellow, Orange
  • Sponge Daubers
  • Prima Flowers
  • Gemstones - Hero Arts, Crystal Stickers (Which means I can't tell which one. :)
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Floral

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting published! Woo-hoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and congrats with your publication.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!