Sunday, November 30, 2008

Art Creations Friday Challenge # 2

This friday's challenge from Art Creations http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/ was to use a background painted by Vintage Wil. This is her background:

It is very pretty because there are other tints of colors in the background and I happen to have a fondness for grey although I don't use it alot in my cards. I consider it another great neutral.

Here is my card made from the background:

Recipe:
  1. I started with a mask that I just purchased from Tim Holtz that I have been wanting to use. I laid it along the side of the paper. I sponged over it with the teal ink.
  2. Ink the bird in the branches stamp with versamark and stamp next to the masked border and the bottom left corner. Heat emboss with copper metallic embossing powder.
  3. Stamp the flourish on the top right and left side with versamark. Heat emboss using green embossing powder.
  4. I also purchased a mask from Heidi Grace at the same time. I placed a portion of that in the top left corner and sponged over it with the same teal ink.
  5. I placed the same floral mask on the bottom and inked over that. Sponge teal around the outside edges.
  6. Stamp the sentiment in the middle on the bottom half of the card using teal ink.
  7. Tie twine around and use button in the knot. Add two more buttons on either side.

Products:

  • Ranger Distress Ink - Pine Needle
  • Penny Black - Natures Dance
  • Verses Rubber Stamps - Apache Blessing
  • Tim Holtz - Borderline Mask
  • Heidi Swapp - Mask Floral
  • Judikins Metallic Copper Embossing Powder
  • Ranger Embossing Powder - Lettuce
  • Versmark Watermark Ink

Thanks for stopping by...

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous card!!
    thanks for sharing the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card!!
    thanks for sharing the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card !great image !!!
    .
    Thanks for this lovely entry to
    Art Creations Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, wonderful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love how you use the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How really really creative! I need to get back to doing this kind of thing. This is lovely and the colors are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collage! great image! Love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!