I was just going to post my entry for this weeks Hero Arts challenge and went to pull the link forgetting that today they announce the winners from last week challenge. Much to my surprise I won first place for last weeks challenge! Yeah! Something else to be thankful for today.
This weeks Hero Arts challenge http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/11/24/a-mouthwatering-monday-with-the-web-artists/ is last minute gifts. This card started to come together as a gift card holder or money holder.
This is the full card put together:
This is the card with the inside tag pulled slightly out and with the gift card peaking out.
Here is a picture with both pieces together to show how they look individually.
- Cut white cardstock 6 3/4" x 4 3/4". Ink Script Stamp with Antique Linen and stamp across 1/2 of the white cardstock.
- Cut white cardstock 6 3/4" x 3 1/2". Cut patterned paper 6 3/4" x 3 1/2". Ink Flourishes stamp with Milled Lavender and stamp on patterned paper. Attach the patterned paper to the white cardstock.
- Cut olive green carsdtock 1" x 6 3/4". Cut white cardsotck 1" x 6 3/4". Ink lace stamp using Versafine Vintage Sepia and stamp along edge of white cardstock. Cut out edge of lace.
- Attach olive green cardstock to top of the patterned paper. Pop Up lace border and attach to center of olive green strip.
- Cut out 2 1/2" Oval Scalloped Nestability from white cardstock. Emboss edges. Stamp vines and sentiment using light green ink onto scalloped oval cardstock. Lay the acrylic block over the oval. Line up the clear branches and leaves stamp to arrange it in an oval position. After I inked it I wiped off some of the ends to limit the length they ran around the sides of the oval. Ink the dove with the sepia and stamp in the nest of branches and leaves. Sponge the edges of the scallop with brown ink.
- Attach the oval to the center of the lace.
- Attach the patterned paper section to the script background. Apply tape around the bottom edge and sides.
- Cut olive green carsdtock 6" x 4 1/2". Punch the doily lace border along one edge.
- Cut white cardstock 3 1/2" x 5 3/4". Ink flourishes with light lavendar and stamp on white cardstock. Attach flourish background to bottom edge and centered on green cardstock.
- Cut olive green cardstock 5 3/4" x 2 1/2". Punch border using cornice border punch.
- Cut patterned paper 5 3/4" x 1 1/4". Ink flourishes with light lavender and stamp on patterned paper.
- Cut 3 1/4" x 2 1/2" scalloped rectangle from white cardstock. Stamp sentiment and branches and leaves using light green ink. Sponge edges with brown ink.
- Attach patterned paper to green cardstock. Attach bottom half of scallop to patterned paper and green cardstock.
- Attach the green cornice piece only taping around the bottom edges and the side. this forms your inside pocket for gift card or money.
- Hero Arts - Lace (Stamp set)
- Hero Arts - Sparkle Clear - Hello Birdie
- Hero Arts - DesignBlock Flourish
- Hero Arts - Clear Design - Classic Christmas Borders
- Hero Arts - Old French Writing
- Hero Arts - Sparkle Clear - Holiday Messages
- Hero Arts - Pearls
- BasicGrey - Wassail - Sleigh Ride
- Memento - New Sprout, Rich Cocoa
- Versafine - Vintage Sepia
- Ranger Distress Inks - Milled Lavender, Antique Linen
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Scalloped Rectangle, Scalloped Oval