Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kissing Stamps

Over at 2 Peas they are having weekly stamp camps... This week Kristina Werner shared the kissing technique. Here is the link: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2697145

I have always done the kissing of stamps by applying the ink to the stamp and using another stamp to remove the ink. She showed how to use acrylic stamps and applying the ink and stamping it on the paper and then applying ink to another stamp and laying the original stamp on top of the inked stamp and than stamping that over the original image. This is something I had never tried before. I have very few solid images so it was a challenge to find stamps that I could use to play with this.

I ended up making 2 cards for the challenge/class. The first card is not my typical genre of cardmaking and I am not sure if I did the birds justice. I used this bueatiful lace flower stamp from Hero Arts as my kissing stamp. The birds are an clear stamp and I used the technique described by Kristina to create the birds. The red ink is Versafine Crimson Red. The birds definitely look more pink than red. The ink used for the lace is Versafine Vintage Sepia. I wanted to use the pigment ink to get the crispest image possible. The color scheme I think was a challenge on SCS not too long ago and I also recieved an ad for a bedding set which was really pretty using red and grey with brown furniture.
The second card was made by applying the ink to a rubber stamp and using the lace stamp to remove the ink. The picture doesn't do it justice. The lace actually was very pretty on the flower. The flower was stamped using Versacolor Pink Opera.
The background was stamped with the Versafine Vintage Sepia. The button actually has a dandelion stamped on it using StazOn Timber Brown. I have this new vine ribbon which I am very enamored of and I used that for the stem on the flower.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Old French Writing
  • Hero Arts - Bold Pop Flower
  • Hero Arts - Lace Flower Cluster
  • StazOn Timber Brown
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Maya Road- Ribbon (Vine)
  • Hero Arts - Dandelion
  • Versacolor - Pink Opera
  • Versafine - Crimson Red
  • Hero Arts - Lace
  • Versafine - Smokey Grey
  • Inkandinkado - Dawn Houser (Dream)
  • The Artful Stamper (Berry Branch)
  • Clear Stamps - Paper Studio - Birds & Blooms
  • Stampabilities - Vintage Flourish 02

Thanks for dropping in...

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards as always, Suzz! Love the birds on the buttons! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the birds on the buttons - great design too. Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Cards Suzz....
    Happy Thanksgiving to you tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Sue, both cards are just so pretty. I love the first one and what you did with the buttons and lace. Clever!! The second one is just so lovely you need to keep it and I love that ribbon. What kind is it? Where did you get it?

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thanksgiving day! Sounds funny to say that because it is not a celebration here.
    Your cards really shine once again with everything gorgeous! Nice technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!