Thursday, November 6, 2008

Little Snowman Card...

This little card is made with the Hero Arts Snowman. I think he has been done in a similar fashion on a few of my other cards. This card was made for the Hero Arts Blog challenge. You are to be inspired by one of the guests on the blog this week. This card was inspired by Donna she is such a nice person and she makes the cutest cards. Here is a link to her flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3umbrellas/ and here is the link to her day on the HA blog: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/11/05/win-a-day-contest-winner-donna-mikasa/

Here is a card that is inspired by Donna's cards:

I won't provide all the details as they are fairly simple...

I put the folded cardstock on top of the nestabilities oval scallop and made sure I could see the outline of the oval on the left side. I just ran it through my cuttlebug and there you have it a little scalloped oval card.

I stamped the snowman on the patterned paper to cut out the brim of the hat, the hat and the scarf.

I used watercolor pencils and water brush to give the snowman his pink tinge and black gems for his eyes.

Products:

  • Hero Arts Design Clear Warmest Winter Wishes
  • Basic Grey Wassail - Greetings,
  • Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
  • General Kimberly Watercolor Pencils
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Oval
  • Marvy Uchida Scalloped Oval Punch
  • Fiskars Oval Template, Fiskars Circle Cutter
  • Crystal Stickers Pearls

Thanks for stopping by...

4 comments:

  1. Love your paper piercing, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this snowman card, soooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! He is just too cute for words! I love everything about him. The pearls were just the greatest for this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie. The paper piecing really makes this special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!