Saturday, November 22, 2008

Scraps week at HA

This weeks challenge for Hero Arts http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/11/17/giving-thanks/ is to use up scraps making thankful cards. I like this as I have a expandable folder with my stamping scraps. Basically anything I create and get stuck on a design I put in this folder.

I started with this piece of faux metal that was created for another challenge.


Recipe:
  1. Start with a 4 x 6 inch piece of white cardstock.
  2. Versamark the entire surface. Cover with the Copper Embossing powder. Heat Emboss.
  3. Repeat 4 times. The embossing powder I used was Judikens and is thicker which provides a nice thickness to embed your image.
  4. Versamark your stamp to prevent if from sticking in the embossing powder.
  5. Heat up the embossed surface until the embossing powder is liquid.
  6. Stamp image into embossing powder. Leave stamp in the melted embossing powder for 30 seconds until it cools.

Helpful Hints: I had issues with this piece as it was larger and needed to be kept flat. So I tried mounting it on my card which caused it to crack and then I heated it a little aftewards to remove the cracks which caused me to lose definition of my image in areas. So after you finish while it is still flexible make sure to put something on it to keep it flat.


Products:
  • Hero Arts DesignBlock Birds & Swirls
  • Hero Arts Sparkle Design Anytime Messages
  • Versamark
  • Judikins Copper Embossing Powder
  • K&Co Gems
  • Paper Studio Lace Trim

Thanks for looking...

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up a terrific scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really is amazing - looks like copper - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is so lovely, always - this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You goose! Only you could get a great impression like that! It's perfect and so wonderful! How pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!