Sunday, November 23, 2008

Vintage Friday Challenge

I had been asked by Jacqueline if I had ever used vintage pictures in my cards. I have never tried it before but after I visited Deborah's blog: http://cardsandthings.blogspot.com/
and she had posted that she had participated in a challenge on this blog: http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/2008/11/challenge-1.html which features vintage pictures with a weekly challenge.


I decided that this picture was beautiful and I was inspired to make this card:



This was the easiest card I have made in awhile... I stamped the background with a damask stamp using the Antique Linen Ranger Distress Ink. The sentiment was stamped with versamark and embossed. I think that using the image was fun and I will have to keep this in mine as it adds a different dimension.

Thanks for stopping by...


17 comments:

  1. wow what a gorgeous card !great image and colors !!!
    .
    Thanks for this lovely entry to
    Art Creations Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you framed her beautifully!! love your entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, it's BEAUTIFUL - you should do this more often! Love your frame of leaves and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its gorgeous, love it, great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 3D effect of the frame - just the right colours too.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, Suzz! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You used her BEAUTIFULLY! I'm really looking forward to their next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You used her BEAUTIFULLY! I'm really looking forward to their next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The image itself is stunning, but your addition of the damask background and leaf ribbon and flowers makes it breathtaking. Nice job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Suzanne, this is really lovely. I know a set of stamps you might be interested in - well, several sets, actually. Go here: http://stampsmith.net/heroines.htm and see what you think (I LOVE them).
    By the way, you really are the sweetest person I've met in forever. Your comment about being happy that the yodeling pickle brought back a happy memory made me feel very warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! I used that ribbon too, but in brown - don't you love it? I have it in the green too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She and the background is lovely and the flowres are so perfect here. Was she already painted?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!