All the different stampers over there host different challenges and provide RAKs.
I had so much fun at their last event that I decided to host a challenge myself for Stamptoberfest.
- Cut a 11" x 5" green cardstock rectangle. Score at 2" and 9" on the length of the card.
- Using the threading water punch border punch the sides of the card.
- Cut a 5" x 4 1/2" ivory cardstock. Emboss using the Cuttlebug Embossing folder. Ink the embossing with light green dye ink.
- Cut a brown cardstock 5 " x 4 1/2" and mount on the center of the inside of the card.
- Attach the embossed ivory rectangle on top of the brown cardstock.
- Cut slits in the front flaps on the card. Measure 1" in from the outside of the card and 2" down from the top of the card. Cut a 1" slit for ribbon. Pull the ribbon around the outside of the card in through the slits into the card.
- Cut 2 2"x5" brown cardstock and stamp the birds and swirls with Versamark Ink. Heat emboss with green embossing powder. Accent with light green gems.
- Attach the brown pieces to the folds on the front of the card over the ribbon.
- Stamp the sentiment on ivory cardstock using green ink. Cut to a rectangle. Cut a slightly larger rectangle from brown cardstock. Attach the sentiment to the brown cardstock. Center the sentiment behind the ribbon and attach to the embossed background.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow and attach the brooch.
- Hero Arts DesignBlock - Poinsettas and Birds
- Hero Arts Clear Designs - Birthday Messages
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Birds and Swirls
- K&Co Gemstones, Hero Arts Gemstones
- Ribbon - Michael's
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Ranger - Embossing Powder - Lettuce
- Ranger - Distress Ink - Peeled Paint
- Memento Dye Ink - New Sprout
We will all have to sign on the side of the card as to not ruin the look. But I think she will appreciate the layout of the card and how it is different. I also thought of making the embossed piece on the inside a card that opened up. But I like the secret message under the bow and brooch.
Please come on over to 2 Peas and play along on any of the challenges! If nothing else come and check out the gallery with all the great stamping projects people will post for the challenges.
Thanks for visiting.