- Start with a kraft card 5" x 7". Stamp the words using versamark and emboss with iridescent/kaleidescope embossing powder. (Doesn't show up on this picture but it has a little glimmer to it)
- Take a sheet of dark pink cardstock and stamp with the snowflakes/circles border across the entire sheet and heat emboss using light pink embossing powder. (White was very close to giving the same look as I tried both. :)
- Cut 1 1/2" strips from the background paper. Using the Martha Stewart Cornice Border punch create the scalloped look on each strip. Cut 7" from one of these scalloped strips.
- Cut 1/2" from the front edge of the card to allow the scallop to show up on the right edge. Attach the scalloped edge to the right edge of the card.
- I started with a 4" strip and kept decreasing in size by 1/4". You should do this until you reach 2" 1/4". This will give you 8 layers to your tree.
- Now the tricky part. take that strip of 4" and put the corner edge of the scallop aligned ot the cutting line on your cutter. Tilt the scalloped strip to give a nice diagonal line on the paper and cut the corner off.
- Repeat until you have your 8 layers of the tree. I pop dotted the entire first layer to give a good base but every layer after that I only put 2 foam dots on the top half. This helps the layers lift up a little on the bottom half.
- The charms were something I found at michael's as they have good sales on these and some are clearanced at Hobby Lobby too.
- Hero Arts - Joyful Holiday Messages
- Hero Arts Clear Design - Classic Christmas Borders
- Pink Embossing Powder
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Modern Romance - Thank You Charm
- So Charming - Angel Charm
- Ribbon, Pearls - Unknown
- Martha Stewart - Cornice Border Punch
Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. Blessings to you all in the new year. Thanks for stopping by...