Sarah provided this colour splash challenge.
I think I might have spilled a little too much orange in my splash... :)
I started with these lovely poppies from Hero Arts. They have a lovely background stamp with poppies.
- Stamp poppies background stamp on white cardstock using black pigment ink.
- Heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Sponge orange dye ink on poppies. Cut out poppies leaving black outline.
- Cut a circle from white cardstock. Stamp Hero Arts Kanji poem using black pigment ink on circle.
- Edge circle with orange dye ink.
- Stamp background with houndstooth stamp using black pigment ink.
- Assemble all pieces.
- Hero Arts - Houndstooth K5175
- Hero Arts - CL371 Essential Messages
- Hero Arts - CG140 Poppy Background
- Hero Arts - K5191 Kanji Poem
- Versafine Black Onyx
- Ranger Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade
- Clear Embossing Powder
- White silk ribbon
- Orage buttons
- Tag - McGill Tag Punch
- Nestabilities - Circle
and our guest designer ...