Saturday, July 31, 2010

Moxie Fab World - Clean and Graphic

Last card for the Moxie Fab World -  Card Style Challenges. These cards are for the Moxie Fab World - Clean and Graphic challenge.  I really enjoyed the style challenges as I like to challenge myself to work through different styles all the time.  I am going to share two cards and the first one is my favorite:


This is a new stamp from Stampendous and as soon as I saw it I wanted it because the swirly bubbles drifted off into nothing. This was stamped with versamark and heated with clear embossing powder.  The rest is just sponging on purple, brown, blue dye inks over a resist background. The lovely charm is a RAK from Deborah (Thanks Deborah!)

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set and I thought appropriate with the rich colors. The tulle is from Cornish Heritage Farms.

The second card started with me having an inspiration in the middle of the night of this crepe ribbon pleated with twine overlaid and just a sentiment.  So I created the card using that idea and then it was too plain for me. :) So out came this poodle!


Now I have to admit that she looked like she had so much attitude that I thought it would be very funny to tie a balloon to her tail! The balloon has coordinating polka dots and she looks like she is in disdain of having to carry it!

The fabulous crepe ribbon is Jenni Bowlin and a RAK from Louise. (Thanks Louise!)  The Poodle is from Judikins. The sentiment and balloon are  from Hero Arts again!

Hope you have a beautiful Saturday!  I will be back tomorrow with a tag for Louise's challenge!

Suzz


16 comments:

  1. Love the color gradient on the first card and that stamp IS way cool! The second card is so cute. I like that you thought about the character of the stamped image and then added to it. Great cards Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant clean and graphic cards Sue! The first one is so beautiful with the inking and distressing. The tulle and charm are so pretty too!

    Your second one is so funny with the poodle trying to ignore the balloon tied to her tail! Great design and love all the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love how you used the emboss/resist technique (one of my faves hehe)! the colors re really pretty! and your second card is a cutie. love that poodle!
    thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing ideas and design! You are full of brilliance and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz, I love your creativity! It really is so wonderful! Those swirls look amazing! And the poodle? How funny! She looks as if to be saying, "Would someone please remove this balloon from my tail!" Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! That first card is super beautiful! I love the multicolored image--and that tulle! SUPER CUTE:) That dog holding the balloon is so fun too! I love it! I must break out my poodle stamps!!!! TFS! You ROCK, SUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards Sue! Love the interesting background on the first & the poodle with attitude on the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must admit the first one is my favourite too.... not saying I don't like the bottom one - it's super cute. Those bubbles are just awesome on the colourful background. very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the puddle card! it has a great retro vib, and so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dotted and gathered ribbon on the second card is really cute with your dog image but I have to say I like the first one more because of that swirly image. So graphic and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! gorgeous clean and simple cards, Sue!! i love the designs and colors! that crepe paper ruffle is fab!! LOVE THESE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both your cards! The graphics on the first card looks so cool and I like the tulle! And the second card makes me smile--love that sassy poodle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of thses cards but I'm with you, the 1st is my favorite! I love the color gradient. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards, loving both of them so much! What is it about poodles and attitude? The polka dots work so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Clean & Graphic Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I miss this one? shes a fabulous padoodle ( my nickname for poodles) teeheeheee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!