Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Scraps, Scraps and more Scraps

My scrap box is quite large and it doesn't contain pattern paper scraps... It actually contains backgrounds, images and other failed projects.  When I saw the challenges for Simon Says Stamp and Show an ATC and the City Crafter Challenge was music, I knew I was going into that large box of scraps and finding the pieces for my projects.

I am happy to say that I cleaned up the large box and sized it down to 4 large envelopes full of shapes and backgrounds.  I either used or discarded the rest. (Yeah!) and I ended up with around 15 ATC's.... Now I won't bore or torture you with all of the ATC's I created but I will share the ones that were amongst my favorites. :)

A few of them have the music incorporated to qualify for City Crafter. (I had at least 4 big scraps of music backgrounds.... Hmmm..... Maybe I should stop using those stamps so much!) I will share the music ones first:

I love this image (Artistic Outpost - Bluebird) and  it never got used. So I added the cracked glass effect and a leftover doily piece to create my ATC. The joy is from Authentique stickers.  

This Santa image was an extra from a project last fall.  I layered it over an embossed background of snowflakes (another Scrap) stamped the sentiment (Inkadinkado) and found the fun deer button which I glittered up for an accent.

An extra peacock image with the music in the background. Clear resist with dye ink sponged into the feathers and leaves. The sentiment is from Artistic Outpost - Think and Wonder and I think a great quote for a peacock! :)

Onto my other non music ATCs:

Love these girls and they are from the Birds of  Feather plate from Artistic Outpost.  They were for another project which they were bumped off from. So here they are with a remnant from an ATC project gone bad.

This image is from Lovely Day plate from Artistic Outpost. I tend to tilt at windmills quite a bit... and thought it would be a fun sentiment for the image, so I typed it up on the computer and printed it out. 

My western themed ATC.  Using two parts of two different cards that never made it to the blog.

You knew there had to be some butterflies and damask backgrounds lurking out there in my stash!!!  Hero Arts - Damask background and Wood Grain Background. The flowers are Memory Box and Hero Arts.


Last but not least the Santa from the Snowy Woods plate from Artistic Outpost.  I love the Santas on this plate and had stamped him quite awhile ago and never used him. 

This took me quite awhile to whittle through the pile of scraps but it felt really good to clean out my scrap box and sort it.  I still had about twenty more backgrounds I could have created but got tired of the little ATC and all the details!

I hope you enjoyed your ATC journey!  Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

23 comments:

  1. Wow you have been one busy lady and this is what I call using scraps up in STYLE. Absolutely fabulous set of ATC's. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brilliant to do your ATCs this way! Maybe that's what I need to do - I always have such a hard time with them. As always, I LOVE your artwork! Each one is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Each one is so beautiful, Suzz! I kept thinking, "that's my fave." Then I'd see the next one and think, "that's my fave." Love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you were busy...these are all wonderful!!! I have a hard time with ATC's...I don't know why but you make them look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of those scraps! Love all the ATC's and would never think you were just cleaning up so to speak! You are very creative and I enjoy seeing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is "WOW". I love all of your ATCs you've featured on your blog. They are amazing! Love all of the designs and all of the elements you used. What a wonderful way to use "leftovers". They all have their own personalities, don't they? Thanks for sharing them with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show's ATC Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness ~ what stunning ATC's - I can't believe they came from scraps. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are fabulous Sue. I love them all but my favourites have to be the bluebirds one and the one with the little girls ...... I love your colouring on both and the images are so lovely. Really like the bows in the girls' hair!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them Sue - especially the first one with the birds! You wizzed them up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful way to recycle your pieces into beautiful ATC's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each week I have to see what you've created and, as usual, these are gorgeous! You've managed to use some of my favorite stamp images. Your color combinations and layering is exemplary and something I aspire to! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness these are so Fabulous! What a fantastic way to use up your scraps! I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite either, lol.. They are all so Lovely in their own way! Thanks for the Wonderful inspiration!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh.. Your ATC are wonderful.. I love them all.. Amazing way to use up those scraps. Thanks for playing along with us again over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness ... each and every one is gorgeous ... thank you ever so much for playing along with us again at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a feast for the eyes. Love every one of your atcs... full of wonderful details, fabulous stamping and creativity! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are absolutely amazing! I especially love the one with the blue birds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, love, love LOVE them!!!! I know what you mean about a stack of discarded images and backgrounds.... I used to have a ton, and have been using them up in a gluebook. Your ATCs totally rock!!! Glad you had fun using up your stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's an ATC bonanza! Very cool way to use up scraps. I need to follow your lead here and work on using up some of mine. They are all really wonderful, each special in its own way! Terrific job on the ATC challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, look at all those ATC! Great idea to make lots of ATCs at once with your scraps and to sorts the scraps at the same time. I need to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzers! Such incredibly GORGEOUS work! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!