Wednesday, November 16, 2011

French Flight

Today is release day for another wonderful Artistic Outpost plate - French Flight!  

Here is a brief description of the new plate: 

In the late 1700's , two French brothers, Joseph and Etienne Montgolfier launched the first manned balloon from the from the center of Paris and flew for a period of 20 minutes.  In 1793, Jean Pierre Blanchard became the first to fly a hot air balloon in North America, yet another French adventurer!

This stamp collection pay homage to these adventurers. Fun, quirky, with a little bit of Steampunk thrown in for good measure, French Flight is pure creative delight.
 
Collection available in both unmounted rubber sheets or pre-mounted on EZMount cling foam and hand trimmed on a clear cling storage card. 

The images are so fun with this set I want to share two of the cards I created for the release: 


First I created a montage of the Steampunk images and embellishments with the dare devil image and his balloon!  I used some of the wonderful Graphic 45 Steampunk pattern paper as my background.  Stamped the image and created a hot air balloon to go with the balloonist. 

The second card started with the three men used to create a crowd:

Here is the front of the card. They were stamped multiple times on a piece of pattern paper using two masks. I stamped the one gentlemen on another piece of paper and cut him out and pop dotted him and gave him a red bow tie.  I then turned the card into an easel card that looks like this when opened: 

I used the fun sentiment from the Think and Wonder plate, which I think will be perfect for a graduation card!   
For more inspiration, go visit the wonderful design team: 

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your stamped crowd, presumably masked? Great work and absolutely brilliant idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Suzz, brilliant creativity..I bet you had heaps of fun making these! And so masculine.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the steampunk look to your cards. Fabulous designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! So very unique and beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work as always, Suzanne. I love the balloon you created in your first piece as well as the layers and collage, and the crowd of men in the second one is just so stinkin' original and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love love both these cards, such fabulous ideas. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you created that balloon ... and I love the graduation card too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the card with the hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, I always look forward to seeing what you do with a set of stamps. You always have a fabulous take on them. These cards are wonderful. Love the crowd card. As the saying goes, three's a crowd and you proved them right. The hot air balloon is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab use of the new release! So glad you highlighted both of these! Love the masking of the men - perfect for a graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Suzz, you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing.. Both of them.. Love that vintage feel they have.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are fantastic, especially the crowd of gentlemen. Superb showcasing of these new stamps Sue and you might just have given me the jolt I needed for my Hubby's Anniversary card. I had hit a brick wall with no idea at all except I wanted to use a hot air balloon! I always know where to come for inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are so creative!!! Awesome how you stamped the men to make a group! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the big LOL GF, I can't believe you stamped that guy so many times, I just love that, both cards of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome work Suzz, That card with all the guys just blew me away! So very Creative!!! You rocked this one. Well you Rock all of them all the time! So much talent!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a really great card!!!!! I love how you did the gallery. Ha! And what hoot with the sentiment and your red tie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cool, just love the balloon card, great collage card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!