Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

Today is the first Saturday in the month  which means Stampendous Monthly Challenge starts with something new! Simply make a gift, gift set (could be cards, could be an altered item), or a gift card holder of some sort no later than Thursday, May 31 at 11:59 PM EST .

I didn't have a gift project created yet to share but wanted to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day and am sharing a layout using the lovely Stampendous stamps.  The ODBD blog is celebrating National Scrapbooking Day as well with a ODBDSLC107 - Layout Challenge this week to create a layout.  I have included another layout in this post for that challenge too!

My first layout:

I water-colored the beautiful Cottage Roses a few times using watercolor markers and watercolor paper. I stamped the text in the background and on some scraps (for my banners).  The rest was cutting and layout.
The stamps are: Stampendous - Jumbo Cling Cottage Rose, Stampendous Dream Text, Stampendous Small Typewriter Alphabet, Recollections Flourishes.

My second layout:


This is a mix of two different family trips at Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon.  I usually make them line up for a traditional family pose!  You can see how much they have grown in the two years!

I used the Our Daily Bread Designs - Honeycomb, Brocade Background and It is Well With My Soul.

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Happy NSD!!! I am loving your layouts!!!! Great job Sue! And of course, I am partial to the 2nd one... blues and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts. Hope you enjoy your day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts Suzz! Your kids are so cute! They do grow fast!!! Great way to celebrate national scrapbook day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely creations Suzz- do like the layout for them both although veyr different. Don't children grow fast?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your layouts!!!! The honeycomb background looks great in teal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome layouts Suzz. What a great idea to put the two years holidays on one LO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of your children Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Lo's ... I love the text with those pretty flowers ... and the children are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab LO's - great use of both the Stampendous and ODBD stamps to create your own backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous layouts Suz!! I can't wait to share them on the ODBD blog next week!! The use of the background on your page is beautiful!! You are mega talented! Thanks for supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Your support is greatly appreciated!!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing. I love the text background on the first page.. and what a great photo of your kids. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!...Love your pages Suzanne... beautifully done, Wonderful kids, and yes they sure do grow fast, so one needs lots of pictures to capture these special moments!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!