Thursday, August 23, 2012

Amaryllis

 Cathy over at the Moxie Fab World is hosting a week of  Card Design Handbook challenges.  Each challenge talks about design elements.  I chose the Focal Point challenge for my card today:


The jumbo cling flowers (Stampendous Amaryllis)  lend themselves to being the main focal point with their size.  I stamped the image on tissue paper and colored with watercolor pencils and glimmer mists and a water brush.

To enhance (or support the image)  I tore the edges and embossed them in gold embossing enamel.  I repeated the embossing around the edges of the card base.  The layer under the flowers is distressed with brown dye ink to soften and darken the edges which also supports the brightness of the main image.
 
A fairly simple card for me. :) Have a wonderful day!

Suzz





12 comments:

  1. wow Sue, the gold enamel round the edge of the tissue really makes this design for me. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely coloring and I like all the gold framing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew when I read the title of your post, I was going to love this! Gorgeous, Suzz! Love your beautifully colored flowers with that amazing gold frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love having your blog posts pop up in my e-mail! Your work is so wonderful....and I admire your wide range of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. certainly a beautiful focal image Suzz. And a big thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog posts. I really appreciate your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the way you've framed these stunning flowers in that gold frame. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I just love the gold frame..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty Suzanne, that gold is so RICH!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gold embossing enamel just tops off this card sooooo....perfect. It makes it look so rich. I love it!
    Blessings....Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you say simple....stunning yes!!! Love this card..and I am following your blog, so I don't miss out on anything that you create. Thank you, I need to try and do something like this.. cheers, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how far behind I am with your fabulous designs Sue! This is absolutely stunning and I love the torn and embossed edging to the tissue. A gorgeous piece!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!