Sunday, January 6, 2013

Trio of Tin Hearts

The new Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is to celebrate the Old as we are starting a new year.  I decided to celebrate the old and new year in my projects.  The old is my Artistic Outpost stamps By the Sea and my new is the Tin Heart Tins.

These vintage tins inspired me to create three little hanging hearts. I am thinking these would look sweet as Valentines Decorations on a bare branch display.

My first tin uses a vintage lady in her lovely hat as the focal image: 

I started with a background piece of sheet music and added a piece of pattern paper in the background. I stamped the star from the Artistic Outpost picture star onto ivory cardstock and gave her a touch of pink in her hat, cheeks and strand of pink pearls to wear. I added the french sentiment and curved it to fit the frame. I added a touch of tinsel around the inside edges and tied on a few Idea-ology baubles along with more pink tinsel.

My second Tin Heart features sweet children from the Artistic Outpost - Think and Wonder plate:
I used the same music in the background and stamped the images on ivory cardstock.  Again just a touch of pink blush and hat.  I added a tiny heart and the tag with the word love.  I died Prima roses pink with glimmer mist and finished with pink velvet ribbon to hand. I added a touch of glitter around the inside edges.

My third heart tin is a seaside inspired:


I stamped and colored the couple and added a lighthouse in the background.  I edged it with twine and added a few tiny shells to the twine. 


Come share your  project using something old  for an opportunity to win a gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp:

Happy and Blessed New Years to you and your loved ones!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. Suzanne, these are fabulous! Love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. a superb set of hearts Suzz. I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These vintage heart tins are a favourite of mine Suzz, I love them, then again I love anything heart related lol. Yours are decorated exquisitely and the images are just perfect. Another well executed piece as always and beautifully put together. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just wonderful Sue! Love all the sweet details, the soft colouring and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz...your vintage tin hearts are beautiful! I love each of them so much! I love the stamped images you've used and how you have colored each of them. Love the little embellishments you've used on each. They are really lovely and so indicative of your flawless vintage work. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those tins! And all the little details in them, they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are adorable, I especially love the one with roses and pearls. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! I love these tins. So elegant!
    So excited to be working with you on the AO DT. You are very talented and I am a great admirer of your work!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and special Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are really special. i love all the detail you managed to fit in each little heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool trio! Love the heartshaped tins! So pretty altered! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally in love with these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww.. These look amazing. LOVE them all..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue love your decorative trio makes, so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wow Sue, you are brilliant! These are adorable and such a lovely idea. Fabulous inspiration from you as always.

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Tomorrow will be my first day back in my usual routine (or as 'usual' as it gets, lol) as it will be the first day when everyone is either back at work or school.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're so delightful - gorgeous AO images, of course, and I love the vintage sparkle and embellishing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute tin hearts, Suzanne! I really love the way you embellished them :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous - Really beautiful and very inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!