Friday, July 12, 2013

Masculine ATCs

Happy Friday! I am back sharing my Masculine ATC's today... I used a mix of pattern papers and my Artistic Outpost stamps to mix up a series of ATCs. The theme was not only Masculine but also found objects. I pulled out all my bits and pieces to add interesting objects from my embellishments and bits and pieces.

My first ATC takes us to Paris during the Balloon Exposition:
 I love the color combination of the pops of red with black and white.

I moved onto the boy image and love how he is translucent against the blue wood panels.


This reminded me of artwork my sister created where she painted her people as translucent and blended into the background.  The work was described as us leaving imprints of ourselves in places with our memories.


The next ATC features the Englishman from the Loverly London plate from Artistic Outpost:

His image fits the sentiment from the same plate and I thought it was fun and quirky. I used an eye hook to give him a eye glass.

I love this image on my next ATC because of the joy on his face.

And the ruler broke easily enough to fit along the top and I had the perfect screw tops to attach to give it the rustic feel I wanted.

Products: Artistic Outpost - Paperboy, Paris Exposition, Loverly London, The Outpost, Country Life, Old Grist Mill, STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell watercolor pencils, waterbrush, Prima (Gears), Maya Road - Wood Bingo Chips, Ruler,  Tim Holtz - Sticker

Well thanks for sticking with me again on a long post.  If you are still here. :)  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Suzz

9 comments:

  1. They are all very handsome ATCs indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved ALL of these ATC's Suzz. I like the bit of gold in the first one too...and I'm with you on the boy blending into the background ~ awesome! How do you do that???
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzz, Wow!!!! Love everyone of these. I'm with Dot, how did you make the boy translucent? Have a great weekend. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bunch of ATCs! The third card made me think of the PBS series Mr. Selfridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful atc's Suzzane, but the snd one is my absolute favorite.

    Have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All cracking makes, but it's still that weathered paperboy that has my heart - stunning... and I love the thought about imprints being left behind us.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely ATCs ~ so artistic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ATCs but I agree with Alison (Butterfly) the little paper lad (as we used to call them when my brother was one) is so sweet. Love the pieces of script on that one too. Clever you, as always there is a little bit of something unique to each lovely piece of art.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!