Sunday, September 21, 2014

Trick or Treat Tag?

How about a little stamping an stenciling this week?  Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge.   is playing with stencils and /or stamps to create something. I had a cool background left over from some playing I did with stencils and paints.
One of my favorite things is to use up my excess inks, paints or sprays on the craft mats onto leftover cardstock  This background was a combination of leftover ink on a stencil. 

After I used the stencil with the spray I flipped it over and placed it onto a leftover remnant of cardstock. I then kept placing it onto the same piece of cardstock. 

I added a little dripping of yellow spray mist.  I then let it dry and used the same stencil to add white embossing paste for texture.  After all that I added a hint of paint around the edges.


I used the dauber to add a touch of paint around the edges.  While it was still wet I spritzed it with water to allow the paint to soften.

to add he images I used a combination of stamping the images directly onto the background and where the texture was to bumpy I stamped onto tissue paper and used decoupage to apply it to the tag which gives it a transparent effect to allow the texture and color bleed through.


Products:  Impression Obsession - Halloween, D Ranger Archival Black InkTim Holtz Halloween set  Ranger Dauber Paint – Honey  Ranger Dauber Paint – Salty Ocean.   Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Signo Uni-ball white gel pen, crystal gems. Honeycomb Stencil








Don't forget that all this month is a party at Simon Says Stamp celebrating Stamptember!



http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/

Why Stamptember?  Here is a little info on why Simon Says Stamp celebrates stamping in September.  Simon Says Stamp was founded in 2002 with an interest in exclusively selling rubber stamps. It didn’t take long until we realized we couldn’t stop there. For more than 10 years we have celebrated rubber stamping and its glory. We work to bring companies from around the world together in a one stop shopping environment. Rubber stamps still remain the heart of our business and we are celebrating by hosting a “STAMPtember®" event intended to inspire, educate, and celebrate the delight of rubber stamping. Part of the enticement of rubber stamping is that stamps can be used in creating or complementing ANYTHING! From stamping dates on bank documents and postage parcels in the early 18th century, rubber stamping has dramatically expanded to include card making, scrapbooking, mixed media and many forms of altering and expressing art.

  Don't forget to come join in on the fun and show off your stencils or stamps!




Happy Monday!

Suzz














15 comments:

  1. Oh this tag is both spooky and cute at the same time!! I love the palette you chose Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun Halloween tag, Suzz! Love the layered background :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and awesome Halloween tag! Love the beautiful texture on the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, Suzz! Love the trick or treaters with the creepy white eyes! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Suzz, fantastic texture and I love the bold black imagery against the more subtle backdrop. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve your textures and unusual color palette! Amazing tag! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a spook-tacular tag! I just bought my very first jar of embossing paste and have been playing around with it, so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tag Suzanne! The background looks awesome! Love the little hootie and trick or treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, I love this tag! The bg is fabulous and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your Halloween tag, it's so much fun and the background is fabulous! Fantastic work as always, Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tag is so lovely Sue! Gorgeous background, colours and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag!
    The background is gorgeous. So fresh and fun! I recall one other time when you used a background that you created from leftover ink. This astonishes me. My leftover ink always looks like mud.
    Pretty tag, Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is really great. I love the background and all the different techniques. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am DYING over this tag (in a good way, of course)! I adore that color palette and would've never thought to use those colors in association with Halloween. Thanks for helping me see outside the box because I really like how it turned out. The touches of turquoise are my fave and I love how your black images stand out so well. The texture is divine, too, as you know I'm a polka-dot-aholic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. May I ask what the image is at the bottom of your tag?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!