Monday, January 25, 2016

Love is in the Air

I have been creating with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since July of 2012.  I have had a wonderful time. I have decided to step down and pursue a few other opportunities.  The Simon Says Stamp team (Heidi, Stephanie and Lorraine) have been wonderful to work with and I have enjoyed my time on the team.  I also have been very lucky to create art with a variety of extremely talented team members (current and retired).   For my final Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge the theme is "Love is in the Air" + the color red.


I decided to create a Valentine's tag:


The background was a mix of gray and red distress stain sprays which became very pink when watered down. :)

I misted on the craft mat and blended and smeared the paper through the inks. I repeated multiple times. After it dried I sprinkled on red and silver again over the surface. 

I stamped the word love using silver ink along the left side. 

I used the Valentine's layering stencil with Wendy Vecchi black embossing paste over the misted background.

After that I decided to use the flowers leftover from my cherry tree the other week on my tag.  I stamped the couple and the word cherish on leftover background from the original tag. I punched a series of hearts and sponged them with red ink and mixed them in the flowers.

Products:  Tim Holtz Tiny Tattered Florals  Tim Holtz Layering Stencil – Valentine Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste, Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Candied Apple, Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Brushed Pewter, Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Hickory Smoke, Tsukeniko - Delicata - Silvery Shimmer, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Darkroom Door Collage - Harry and Harriet, Simon Says Stamp - All About Love, Sizzix Tim Holtz Tiny Tattered Florals, Authentique - Adore, Simon Says Stamps - Sequins


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

So now it's YOUR turn, come play along and show us your love inspired challenge with a touch of red. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Suzz

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Instagram




19 comments:

  1. The hearts, flowers and bling sprinkled over the surface of your tag gives me the impression of many tiny kisses. This is a really charming creation. I will miss seeing your work on SSS but wish you much happiness as you pursue your new beginnings. Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts, flowers and bling sprinkled over the surface of your tag gives me the impression of many tiny kisses. This is a really charming creation. I will miss seeing your work on SSS but wish you much happiness as you pursue your new beginnings. Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this tag! you will be missed at SSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag Suzz, I love the background stamping and whole design of this, so pretty :-)
    It has been a real pleasure working with you and I, and the whole team, will miss you LOTS. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future xxx
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz, your tag is so lovely!! Love the design and the color scheme!
    I had the pleasure to "work" with you only this month but I surely love all your creations you did in these past years...so I only with the very best for your new venture!
    Hugs,
    Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous tag, Suzz! Love the little red hearts you have scattered through out. It's been wonderful working with you on the team, and I wish you the very best in your new adventures. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool tag, Suzz! I love the lettering and hearts in the background :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy tag! I will miss your take on SSS Monday challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous tag, Suzz! Love the pretty background. We started at the same time on the SSS DT. Wishing you the best in your future adventures, and I'm gonna miss having you on this team! Big hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly, they will miss you - it won't be the same without you! What a fabulous finale of a piece though, and I look forward to following along all your new adventures.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzz wish you the best in your new adventure, I'll miss the way you interpret our challenges! It 'was really a pleasure to be in the team with you! Your final work is as always fantastic, I love the background and the flowers are spectacular! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. NooOooOOoo! Don't go!!!! That is my selfish self talking, of course. I am truly happy to see what new adventures you're going for and one thing is certain: no matter who you're creating for, your amazingness shines through! What an honor it's been to work by your side. Every week I would look forward to your pieces and I shall continue to stalk your blog...ah hem...follow your blog! Thanks for the inspiration and I can't wait to see what's next for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been so great to work with you, Suzz. Your creation is always amazing and great inspiration! Wish you all the best in your new adventures. I love this gorgeous tag and all the beautiful elements on it. Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tag Suzz, love the stenciled background and your lovely cascade of flowers! I'll miss seeing your lovely art at Simon Says Stamp but wish you every success with your new endeavours! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tag with lots of gorgeous detail. Will miss your SSS inspiration pieces, but looking forward to see what you get up to next! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tag with lots of gorgeous detail. Will miss your SSS inspiration pieces, but looking forward to see what you get up to next! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nooooo! I can't believe you're leaving us, I'm in shock but I wish you all the best for the future and it's been an absolute pleasure working alongside you and getting to know you and seeing your beautiful work each week! I hope we will stay in touch and thank you for being such a wonderful teamie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful tag Sue! I am so sorry that you are leaving the team. Every week, I look forward to seeing how you have interpreted the theme and your gorgeous stamped creations. I will make sure to keep in touch and continue to stop by your blog. hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!